Services to Youth
Link Chanel Griffith, Chair
Services to Youth
Facet Members: Serena Williams, Agnes Ogletree, Maria Bynum, Genelle Trader, Rhonda Starks Crowder, Arlene Coppadge, Shirley Hicks, Pat Thomas, Michelle Taylor, Kim Allen, Lucy McLamb, and June Griffith-Stepp
“The world around us really belongs to youth, for youth will take over its future management. Our children must never lose their zeal for building a better world. They must not be discouraged from aspiring toward greatness, for they are to be the leaders of tomorrow.”
~Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune
The Services to Youth (STY) facet seeks to inspire black youth to use their intellect and spirit of achievement to become successful and productive citizens. STY provides a range of transformational and innovative programming for youth from pre-K through college.
The primary goals of the Services to Youth facet are to:
• Close the achievement gap from pre-K through college with the intent of preparing our youth for the global workforce as healthy citizens
• Promote the integration of a health and wellness component focused on youth, families and communities in our Services to Youth programs
• Develop training modules for local pre-K through college mentoring programs to ascertain a high level of support for youth in our communities
• Expand and support science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education and promote the integration of the arts (STEM to STEAM)
• Promote and support historically black colleges and universities for ensured sustainability
The Wilmington (DE) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated has awarded hundreds of scholarships to deserving college-bound youth. In support of our mission to enrich the lives of, and advocate for the betterment of, African-American youth, it has created award-winning collaborations with a host of community partners whose mission aligns with ours.